History of OT1 Font Manager
(Service release also available to 2.6 Standard users - see support page).
- When creating a group from a folder, the list of font from the group was not cleared.
- Census - orphan fonts: The copy button ignored non installed orphan fonts.
- File filters lost in Save dialogs.
- License: Ctrl+F12 displays the license dialog - to refresh a license (if mail changed). [Full version]
OT1 Font Manager now comes in 2 commercial versions:
(See Features page for details).
- OT1 Font Manager (full version, includes free upgrades and six months support).
- OT1 Font Manager Standard (a few advanced features are not included - no upgrades, no support).
- User access rights are checked on installed fonts, and before install/uninstall operations (fonts and groups).
- Option to ignore vertical script variations (@...) in the list of installed fonts.
- Installing fonts: collisions between different fonts with the same file name are handled.
- Census: Automated check for orphan fonts. A backup option is proposed if orphan fonts are found.
- Census: Automated check for duplicate fonts.
- Periodic check for updates (opt-in).
- Type 1 fonts cannot install properly if no Type 1 has never been installed on the machine.
- Registry repair ended with an improper error message when no Type 1 Font have never been installed.
- The last character of the sample string may not be printed.
- Icons in the folder tree view may disappear.
- Import/Export: added option to copy in same destination folder.
- Display problems with Vista (run as administrator).
- Search Window position is checked at open.
- Manages TrueType Collection (*.ttc font files).
- Customizable character code filter in font search and font census.
- Search for fonts: Size and position of dialog are saved.
- Census: Save option includes HTML format.
- Save Sample pictures: can create a web page for viewing the samples.
- Import/Export: may use standard copy or dispatch by font types.
- Uninstall fonts: Busy font resources are not removed (in standard operation).
- Reliability in conflict detection with installed fonts.
- Census: Reliability in detection of duplicates.
- Character Table: Customizable zoom and more reliable copy/paste operation.
- EUDC fonts are included in backup (when present).
- Management of hidden folders and files was not consistent (now follows Windows Explorer settings).
- Printing lists of non installed fonts (could yield wrong font mapping with some printers).
toolbar buttons incorrectly enabled/disabled,
right-click selections may act on wrong element,
errors in display needing manual refresh,
"Excuse my French" (several hard coded labels), ...
- Preferences: 'Untie installed fonts in groups' option may not be reset.
- Sample picture file was not created when font name contains characters invalid for file names.
- OTF font files whose names do not follow the OpenType spécification exactly (same font name and PostScript name) were not properly identified, which lead to an unproper rendering as Arial. When the font is installed, a shadow temp font was also displayed.
- Printing: the footer may overwrite the bottom of the text.
- Redesigned Sample Sheets. All Sample sheet windows are grouped in a single tabbed window.
- Redesigned Character Map. All open Character Maps are displayed in a single resizable tabbed window.
- Refresh/Freeze problem in Preferences or Font Properties dialogs, in specific circumstances.
- Sample Pane. The & character was displayed as underline.
- Samples. User created samples could not be removed.
- Printing. The print setting was not recorded.
- Character Map. Copy/Paste may yield incorrect result on some unicode ranges, and problem with symbol fonts.
- Search for Font Dialog Box is now resizable.
- An incorrect overflow test lead the program to crash when reading certain font file with minor conformity flaws.
- Rolling the mouse wheel too fast may lead to a dead lock in some windows.
- Private Characters (End User Defined Characters) are listed, when they exist.
- OpenType Font Properties - A complementary Name page is added (OpenType 1.4 specification).
- Repair command installs temporary fonts automatically, when there is a matching file in the Fonts folder.
- "Remember Last Active Folder" option did not work.
- Character Map: Using Drag/drop in 'Ansi' mode may lead to wrong char mapping.
- Search for fonts. The file times were not reset between two searches.
- The file extension was not added when an image file of the sample was saved.
- Several refresh problems (in lists or in the explore tree).
- Uses enhanced icons and bitmaps (XP).
OT1 Font Manager Light: (2004/12/17)
- OT1 Font Manager Light is a free lightweight version of OT1 Font Manager. It includes basic features for installing/uninstalling fonts, checking some installation problems and explore folders to preview font files.
2.2.0: (2004/12/06 )
- Toolbar button toggles between Font name/Sample text display in lists, to allow for quick compare. (This is a reintroduction in a more usable form of an option that has been discarded since V2.0).
- Collate Font dialog: Copy fonts from a source folder to a destination folder (default is Font Case root folder). The source folder may be read recursively and font files may be dispatched in the destination folder according to the Panose code or IBM classification.
- The Census dialog includes a new functionality that is useful for the Font Case Repository management in checking for abnormal conditions: duplicated fonts, version mismatch, installed fonts absent from the Font Case folders, etc.
- Drag and drop: impossible to drop installed font on current folder; cursor may sometimes not be restored.
- Restore groups: the selection of the origin folder was inoperant.
- Census: Tooltip Sample display may not show.
- Font lists: Grid lines to separate fonts.
2.1.0: (2004/10/05 )
- Drag and drop in the Character Table dialog box (to paste a character not in keyboard in another application).
- Search for Font: Search by file date.
- Search for Fonts: Drag and drop enabled to install or to copy found fonts, or to add them to the currently opened group.
- Backup Fonts Folder: may be dispatched according to the IBM font classification code.
- Create a series of picture files from samples of selected fonts.
- Context toolbars in Groups and Sample panes.
- Customizable background color for the List of fonts in group.
- Folders tree view: 'Rename Folder' context menu and keyboard keys are functional; small display and memory leaks problems solved.
- Font Properties: display problems on the 'Coding' and 'Vendor' fields.
- Advanced Repair: Current Folder was incorrectly set to Windows\Fonts when the dialog is closed.
- Character Table: Memory overflow when font contains more than 16.000 glyphs.
- Browse for folder dialog: may cause undue change to current folder.
- OTF fonts: sometimes showed a temp shadow font when installed.
- Clone a Font: original font may be TrueType or OpenType (.TTF or .OTF file)
- Search for Fonts: Generic characters (*, ?) may be used in the searched font name.
- Save As Image: The height of the image generated is set automatically, to avoid truncation or too many white space at the bottom.
- Better support of Far East fonts (for instance: a font like '@Arial Unicode Ms' is now linked to 'Arial Unicode Ms' instead of being considered as a temp font).
2.0.2 (DEMO): (2004/08/20)
- Evaluation version. This is from now on the only version
publicly available for free download.
The full version of OT1 Font Manager is no longer available as shareware.
- Conflict detection is enhanced.
- More interactive group management. Selecting a group loads its content.
- Repair operation is split in 2 modules, more visual and easy to use.
- Configuration options have been greately reduced. Many useless choices are gone, and other are easier to set.
- Sample phrases management is more flexible, and is set directly from the main window.
- A Character Table shows the Unicode and Ansi (according to the active code page) character coding.
- The Sample Pane may be saved as an image file.
- Clone and substitution are limited to licensed users who have Administrator rights.
- New setup procedure.
1.3.3: (2004/03/22 1:03:03)
- Some Type 1 fonts caused OT1 Font Manager to crash.
1.3.2: (2004/03/15 1:03:02)
- Some legitimate Type 1 fonts were presented as "Not a valid font".
- Printing problems when the name of the printer exceeds 31 characters.
1.3.1: (2003/08/02 1:03:01)
- A refresh problem has arised, due to an 'enhancement' in version 1.3.1.
1.3.1: (2003/07/28 1:03:00)
- Backup with Panose dispatching did not work with certain categories of fonts.
- An unneeded attempt to reach for the floppy drive at startup has been removed.
- License registration dialog: License is displayed automatically when a license has been copied in the clipboard.
- Cosmetics on dialog boxes and new Web address.
1.3.0: (2003/06/02 1:03:00)
- Some lengthy processes (search, scan and list folders with fonts) are multithreaded, allowing interaction while they run.
- 'Reset installed groups' command will reset all installed groups to non installed state, leaving the fonts installed and free from group links.
- Signal the presence of the €(euro) character in font lists (option set in the Preferences dialog box).
- Filter in Font Inventory dialog: exclude fonts with/without €(euro) character and/or with/without accented characters.
- Resizing of main window is cleaner (Group pane could overflow the client area, and small parasites in repaint cleaned).
- Uninstall groups option before Repair worked only for the first installed group.
- In Repair window, the checkbox 'Delete non installed fonts from Fonts folder' was almost always checked.
- Search results: The command 'Go to this folder' did not work with Type1 fonts.
- Print: Program crashed if the 'Font Page Layout' tab was not opened before printing.
- Memory overflow problem when displaying a Font Sample sheet (font with very long Copyright).
- Font Match (F9): a message box always informs about the result.
- Confirmation message boxes use OK/Cancel buttons instead of Yes/No (to allow use of Enter and Escape keyboard keys).
1.2.1: (2003/05/17 1:02:10)
- Added a Web Link to Microsoft Typography, Fonts by product.
- Information Message box is displayed when no fonts are uninstalled.
- Bug in font uninstall.
Fonts considered as uncorrectly installed (listed in magenta in the Installed fonts list), were not correctly uninstalled and may event lock the application.
- System font protection in XP.
1.2.0: (2003/04/01 1:02:00)
- Function to list all folders that may contain font files, for quick inspection (in Fonts menu).
- Internal reorganization.
- Compare Folders option could stop before completion.
- Minor corrections.
1.1.3: (2003/01/23 1:01:30)
- Under certain conditions, some installed Type 1 fonts were partially loaded (blank name), and could not be uninstalled with OT1 Font Manager.
- License registration problem (if carriage return was inserted by mailer).
1.1.2: (2002/10/01 1:01:26)
- New logo for OT1 Font Manager.
Grateful thanks to Sven Jacquet for his design.
1.1.2: (20002/07/29 1:01:24)
- Display problem in Explorer pane when a new folder is created. The new name appears twice (once over another existing folder name).
1.1.2: (20002/07/22 1:01:22)
- Option to copy font files to active folder at uninstall did not work.
1.1.2: (20002/07/08 1:01:20)
- Font Properties dialog box may cause crash in some
localized versions of Windows.
Affects all Systems with language identifiers under 1033 (Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, German, Greek...).
1.1.1: (20002/06/20 1:01:10)
- Incorrect management of OpenType fonts with Adobe PostScript outlines (OTF files with CFF tables).
1.1.0: (2002/06/18 1:01:00)
- The list of substituted fonts in Windows is displayed and may be edited (expert users).
- Incorrect presentation in Font Properties (Code Pages and Unicode Ranges).
- Incorrect renaming in Font Cloning function.
- Wrong icon for certain OpenType files.
1.0.0: (2002/06/06 01:00:00)
- Install pack included incorrect Help content index:
(Using 'Content and Index' command lead to a Help file not found message.)
1.0.0: (2002/03/25 01:00:00)
- First released version.
(Built as an evolution from TTF Manager 3.7 that targets Windows 2000 and XP)