OT1 Font Manager revisions
6.1: (Professional Version - July 2, 2015)
- DPI aware for high resolution monitors.
- Registry settings for OpenType 1.7 collections (Upper/Lower optical point sizes).
- Minor internal robustness and 64-Bit setup (64-Bit versions need reactivation).
- Manual refresh of installed font list resulted in improper display.
- Improper warning may occur when installing/uninstalling a collection from the Windows Fonts folder.
- Double-click in an empty space in the font lists resulted in program crash.
6.0.1: (Professional Version - April 24, 2015)
- Correcting a bug preventing the drag-drop operations.
6.0: (Professional Version - April 9, 2015)
- This version has not been validated for Windows XP
- You need to connect to the internet to activate the program.
- Native 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
- Preview/Extract fonts in zipped folders.
- Shows Upper/Lower optical font sizes in samples (OpenType 1.7).
- Check/Edit default font types of Windows.
- Dialog to check and correct errors in font groups.
- Use Ctrl+arrows in font lists to quickly browse fonts with problems.
- Collections : loading and management are more efficient and flexible.
- Repair font registration.
- Window management in multi-screen configurations.
- Windows 8/10 fonts are added to the classification by script.
5.1: (Professional Version - April 13, 2013)
- The Windows 8 fonts are added to the generator of classification by script.
- Program crash when printing from the Font Sheet window.
5.0.1: (Professional Version - December 12, 2011)
- Font Census: The Copy Orphan fonts and Remove duplicate commands were not operational.
5.0: (Professional Version - December 12, 2011)
(The Full version becomes the Professional version)
- Groups are now a database to group and classify fonts.
- Generator of automated classification by font families, Panose/IBM code.
- Options and interface are reorganized and simplified.
4.3.2 : (Standard Version - December 12, 2011)
OT1 Font Manager 4.3.2 is now available in Standard Version.
4.3.2: (Full Version - April 23, 2011)
4.3.1: (Full Version - April 22, 2011)
- Printing: May cause program to lock up.
4.3: (Full Version - February 3, 2011)
- Automated creation of groups listing the fonts coming with Windows by main script, to deactivate fonts from languages not needed easily. (see tutorial)
- Type1 resources not properly cleaned from internal cache may prevent file operation on the font while OT1 is running.
- Minor UI refreshing problems and optimizations.
4.2: (Full Version - November 17, 2010)
- Type1 fonts registration problem on Windows 64 bits.
- Some selections in the explorer lock the loading of font lists.
- Upgrade check not working.
4.1: (Full Version - October 14, 2010)
- Font resource caching for smoother font previews.
- Search: search on family name or font name; new filter organization and new options.
- Optional info strip in the Sample window (to replace info-tip).
- Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V to copy/paste fonts files in the folder list.
- TrueType Collection files management.
- Printing: Uses private font resources.
- Registry repair: the current registration order of the fonts is listed (see help).
- Font scripts hints added in reports.
- Export as image: PNG format uses transparency.
- A folder name with a semi-colon may prevent proper file browsing.
- Initial folder not set in Folder browser dialogs.
- Font count not updated in certain conditions.
- Window positions may be improperly saved in some cases.
- Search: secured potential access violation hazard.
4.0: (Full Version - August 5, 2010)
- Font explorer now reads network shares (unmounted UNC paths).
- New xml file format for groups (automatic conversion is done at first start).
- Use Ctrl+T to toggle font list display mode on the fly.
- Font lists may be sorted ascending or descending (click list title).
- Character map: glyphs from Unicode surrogates areas are displayed.
- Optional script hints in info tip.
- Sample: button to display only the glyphs really present in the font.
- Protection against ill behaved services that block the font change notification broadcast by Windows.
- Print: Last page prints only when wait for completion dialog is closed.
3.3.4: (Standard Version - July 28, 2010)
- Character map: font resource may not be freed.
- When a file name conflict occurred at install in the Fonts folder, the original file was activated.
3.3.3: (March 29, 2010)
- Display optimizations in Sample Sheet and Character Map windows.
- The installed group flag was set only when loading a group.
- Search: when a filter by file date was set, it was used, even when filter option was off.
- In some operations, icons were not properly displayed/refreshed.
3.3.2: (September 16, 2009)
- Safer management of dormant fonts in XP.
- OT1 Standard: Service releases prevented the activation of the program.
- List scroll positions are kept after delete/move operation using the mouse.
- Folder list was always reloaded after a delete or move operation.
3.3.1: (August 27, 2009)
- Font in a root folder are now listed (Vista and over).
- EUDC font were not displayed properly.
- Trying to relocate fonts in a group may lead to program deadlock.
- Restore groups. Using the Relocate feature may mess up the content of the groups.
3.3: (August 12, 2009)
- Type 1 and CFF (otf) fonts are listed according to preferred
name instead of the Windows Control Panel name.
3.2: (June 10, 2009)
- Groups: relocate fonts and new restore dialog.
- Search for identical fonts.
- Can use keyboard to select a font name in lists.
- Click on Sample brings the corresponding font into view.
- Align with installed font...
- Registry Repair: Greater flexibility and better detection.
- New Sample text management dialog.
- Scrolling in lists: Position is preserved after operation.
- Census: Report result may be confusing between duplicate and orphan.
- Recording the license: Messages are more informative.
- Html result files are save in utf-8 format.
- Sample text was not displayed any more for raster fonts.
- Font properties may not be read correctly for some older fonts.
- Search with Unicode filter may forget to include these older fonts.
- The 'Go to folder' option did not work any more during the search process.
- A few display bugs (improper icons or counters not updated).
3.1: (January 6, 2009)
- Census: Better usability and new reports
(orphan or duplicate fonts, conflicting font name or file name, invalid fonts).
- Search and Census: New option to search fonts in favorite folders.
- Repair options:
- Ignore notifications related to font name localization.
- List erroneous font registration entries only.
- Fonts: Greater flexibility when checking against installed fonts.
- User license: User access rights are checked before starting registration.
- Font search filter: Only first half of the character filter was saved.
- Search with filter: Filtering on symbol fonts may yield improper results.
3.0.1: (September 3, 2008)
- Default font installation setting was not set properly for Vista.
- Display of installed font count was not updated.
- In activation mode, copying/moving font files to the Fonts folder was improperly forbidden.
3.0: (July 22, 2008)
- Internal design has been enhanced to allow for greater flexibility, better memory management and slightly improved performance.
- Rationalization of features.
- New Favorite folders toolbar.
- New filter on specific Unicode ranges in searches.
- Enhanced install/uninstall modes (with file management, or with simple activation/deactivation - default mode for Vista).
- The font registration checks are more flexible, and alerts are more discrete.
- Better indication of font files locked at system level.
- Enhanced Character Table (Unicode range, zoom).
- More dynamic internal management of group files.
Please note that display preferences set for a previous version are reset when upgrading to Version 3.0 (folder and font management settings are preserved).